Find More About This Course Here ATTEMPT MOCK TEST (JIPMER GRAND FINAL 1)TODAY BEFORE END TIME
DAILY FREE MCQ CHALLENGE for Medical PG Preparation
Presence of a continuous machinery murmur on auscultation of over the left upper sternal border gives a clue to the diagnosis of which of the following congenital heart disease?
TIPSImportant Question from NEET PG
Physical findings in a child with patent ductus arteriosus includes widened pulse pressure and a continuous machinery murmur heard best along the left upper sternal border.
Other features of PDA includes:
- The ductus communicates between the main pulmonary artery and the proximal descending thoracic aorta.
- Normally ductal closure occur 12-24 hours following birth, after that it becomes a fibrous cord known as the ligamentum arteriosum.
- The incidence is much higher in premature infants
- Chest X ray shows increased pulmonary vascular markings and left heart enlargement.
- ECG shows left ventricular hypertrophy and left atrial enlargement.
- Echocardiography is the diagnostic method of choice.
Reference : Chapter 19. The Heart: II. Congenital Heart Disease. In: Doherty GM. eds. CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery, 13e.
Todays Facebook Winner is , receiving a FREE Mock Test from GateToMedicine. You need to send us your email id to email@example.com or you can Whats app to 9633760602
Call our friendly team now!
Call 0487-6999902 or 9633-760-602 to have a friendly discussion of your medical PG study requirements.