Find More About This Course Here ATTEMPT MOCK TEST(DNB TRICKY 50)TODAY BEFORE END TIME
DAILY FREE MCQ CHALLENGE for Medical PG Preparation
“Magical thinking”, odd thought patterns and odd behaviour are a feature of which among the following?
TIPSImportant Question from DNB 2015
Schizotypal Personality disorder:
- Patients with schizotypal personality disorder behave in an odd and eccentric manner, are socially inept and isolated, and experience cognitive or perceptual distortions.
- Their distortions include magical thinking, odd beliefs, ideas of reference, bodily illusions, or telepathic and clairvoyant experiences.
- These beliefs and distortions are inconsistent with subcultural norms, occur frequently, and are an important and pervasive core component of the patient’s experience.
- The patient’s enduring psychotic- like symptoms may worsen under stress.
- Patients often dress in an odd and peculiar fashion and their affect is often inappropriate; for example, they may laugh inappropriately during the visit while talking about their problems.
- These patients are socially isolated and usually have few or no close friends.
- Their social isolation stems from their odd behavior as well as from their persistent social anxiety due to suspiciousness or paranoia toward others.
Reference: Young JQ. Personality Disorders. In: Feldman MD, Christensen JF, Satterfield JM. eds. Behavioral Medicine: A Guide for Clinical Practice, 4e. Reference link
Todays Facebook Winner is , receiving a FREE Mock Test from GateToMedicine. You need to send us your email id to email@example.com or you can Whats app to 9633760602
Call our friendly team now!
Call 0487-6999902 or 9633-760-602 to have a friendly discussion of your medical PG study requirements.